30 May 2010

CONCLUSIONS FROM POLAND - PART ONE

In my opinion the Comenius project was an interesting and original way to meet new people and learn English. I have learned a lot about the traditions and culture of the countries participated in the project. I saw the national dishes of each country. Through e-mail correspondence I have learned about their daily life, customs and way of spending free time by my colleagues from abroad. But it's not just generally. I also met the individual people with exceptional character who have become my friends. I intend to keep in contact with them even after the end of the project. I am convinced that we look different but basically we're all just the same. We have the same interests and behave similarly. Portugal is beautiful. Now when I can hear that name I think about these beautiful views. I have also greatly improved my English. Language in theory differs significantly from the one in practice. Now I know how to pay attention in language learning and what I have learnt yet. Now I can easier communicate with others in English.
Tomasz Bieniek (Year 9 student)

I think Comenius Project,, Let's get to know each other through photography" is a good way to make friends with other students. Thanks to corresponding with them I’ve learnt a lot about other European countries, about their culture and holidays. I learnt what sports they do and of many other curiosities. By writing emails I improved my command of English. At the beginning it was hard for me to understand the meaning of some words, but now I am able to do it without any problems. Many tasks were interesting. The most I liked was doing the tourist guide about Krajenka and surrundings. I prepared with friends some information about Głubczyn, Augustowo and Maryniec. There are many interesting villages beside Krajenka. To sum up I think that the Comenius Project was a great experience.
Paulina Graduszewska (Year 8 student)

In my opinion Comenius project is a very good project. Topics for correspondence, various task and competitions were very good and interesting. Sometimes the topics and tasks were difficult. This project gave me a lot of new, interesting information about the partner countries. I didn’t know many things about the partner countries before. I met their habits, national dishes and national holidays and their culture. The partner countries are very nice. I met a lot of new friends from partner countries. Many of them have similar interests so we wrote to each other a lot of emails. I like it so I want to continue correspondence. I like English. At the beginning when I wrote to the others my English was bad but now my English is much better and I know more words and learned how to talk with people who use the English. I will miss the Comenius project.
Mikolaj Dabrowski (Year 9 student)

Comenius project opened me way to meet people from abroad. If I didn't join to Comenius I couldn’t talk with my internet friends. After graduating from school I'm going to write to them, beacuse I want to know about their planes for the future and how they spent holiday. Now I know their lives are similar to my life. They've got a lot of houseworks and studying. They have got the same interesting like me. Comenius is a chance to go abroad (Germany and Portugal). My friends who were in these countries could take part in lessons in schools. After that they told me about people and places. I learned patience, punctuality and involvement. I could spend more time with my school friends.I learned some new information about my surrounding area and Holidays in different country. I learned some new English words.
Marta Sobczak (Year 9 student)

Comenius project was a nice adventure for me. Working in such project is great pleasure. Overall project is very interesting. Thanks to Comenius project I learned many interesting things about teenagers living in Partner countries. I met people that listen to similar music, play the same Computer games etc. I understood that we are just the same even though we live in different parts of Europe. Across the Comenius project I learned how partner countries celebrate Christmas and Easter.
Thanks to the project I have a richer knowledge of culture and customs of the inhabitants of different countries. I met new friends with I can talk about everything. After the Comenius project I will continue to correspond with them. Participation in the Comenius project very enriched my English vocabulary. I am very pleased that our school had a chance to participate in such interesting project where we could learn a lot.
Klaudia Babinska (Year 8 student)

I think comenius project was very interesting and funny. I know more about Spain, Germany, England, Portugal and Greece. My friends are in Portugal and they have many photographs. We had exhibition in our scool . I have got new friends from diffrent countries. I am going to continue emails exchanging. I got to know many new English words thanks to Comenius project. I want to have Comenius project next year.
Michał Daszkiewicz (Year 7 student)

In my opinion Comenius was a great project. I think that every participant of Polish Comenius Team learned something interesting. And I hope our friends from other countries know a little more about Poland and our culture. Before I joined Comenius Project I thought that only Polish people had difficulties in using English. But while I was exchanging emails I saw that everyone was doing mistakes J. During a visit in Castro Daire I realized that my English isn't as perfect as British folks, but it isn't bad as I thought. Nevertheless we understood each other. Now I know that German guys have "interesting" accent and Portuguese dudes are very friendly (British too:). I'm still going to exchange emails (if guys from partners countries want to too), 'cause it's good way to make my English better. And I can find out many peculiar things about life in different parts of Europe. So I think Comenius Project was a wonderful idea. Through this project I learned many interesting things about some European countries and mastered language.
Radoslaw Waberski (Year 8 student)

I think the project was very useful because we could learn about lives in other countries. I learnt how teenagers spend their free time in European Union countries. When I was writing with my friends from Portugal and England I didn’t see big differences in my friends’ lives. We live in different countries but we spend our spare time similarly. While taking part in the project I have learned a few things about our partner countries. I found out about History and Geography as well as traditions. I made new friends, two girls and one boy. Thanks to the project my English knowledge is better. - I can easily express myself.- I know more words.- Writing with my friends they thought me to use casual language.- By e-mailing them I couldn't have a chance to forget words because I had to use the language all the time.I will continue being in the project hoping to meet new friends.
Marek Wojcik (Year 7 student)

I think Socrates Comenius Project was a very good experience for me. It taught me not only language but also it taught me what tradidtions there are in other countries. I found out theses countries have got the same or very similar holidays what we have, but only names are different. I realized that when I speak with somebody from the other country it is really easy. First I thought I couldn’t do this but when I came to the Portugal I understood my English wasn’t so bad. People from there were on the same level that me so it was funny. Sometimes while speaking we just used easy words. I am happy I could attend this Project. Thanks it I could feel my English Power and started to meet new people.
Jakub Kwacz (Year 8 student)

I think this project is very good. I met new friends from diffrent countries. I know more about their life, school, family. I learnt more English because it was our comunication language. I have more information about Greece, Germany, Portugal, Spain and England. My opinion changed about these countries. I know how different these countries are. I could travel to Portugal and meet with friends from foreign countries. It was my adventure of the life. I'll never forget that. This project is ending but I will be writing emails with these people. I hope that in a new school there will be a new project with different countries. I'm sure I will join it.
Ewelina Wruk (Year 9 student)

For two years of participating in the Comenius project (under the slogan "Let's get to know each other through photography. Knowing me, knowing you.") I gained quite a lot. I learned many interesting things about schools and traditions in Greece, Portugal, Spain, England and Germany (our neighbors). I learned a few words both in English, German and Portuguese. During the meeting in Duisburg (Germany) I could live in true luxurious hotel, of which I could not even dream. I met also many friendly and interesting people with unusual interests and sense of humor. During stay in Germany could I also see how learning in schools in the country looks like. I also saw interesting places and traveled the German public transport. It was an amazing experience. During corresponding by internet with members of a project I had a great time while learning the (unknown to me yet) English words. I am glad that I could take part in it. I would like to continue participation in this project. I think it will be another great experience.
Natalia Brzezinska (Year 9 student)

Project Comenius was something best in my life, I think. I'm sure that I learned a lot. I met fantastic people. Thanks to this project I could write e-mails with them. I read for example about traditions of other countries, their schools, interests. I met my best friend -Carla. Now, I can write with her everyday about everything. She has the same interests and she writes me about her life-it's very nice and I can learn something new. I think comenius opened door in my life, because I could educate my English. In March I was in Portugal. It was a fantastic adveture. And I could talk with teenagers from other countries. There I met new people, too and of course I could see how world looks like there. I would like to turn time back and join to the projeckt again. I'm realy happy and thankful that I could be in Comenius project. I thank you teachers!This was my life adventure.
Michalina Witkowska (Year 9 student)

posted by R.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment